- SHOE DRIVE: Now through July 31 Sponsored by the Friends of the Bradley Beach Public Library Bring your new or... fb.me/5dhZSo8HK 1 day ago
- SHOE DRIVE: Now through July 31 Sponsored by the Friends of the @bradleybeach_nj Public Library #wednesdaywisdom… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- 🕒 De-clutter in Less Than 30 Minutes + Mortgage Default Explained + Assessed Value vs. Market Value: What's the... fb.me/14PdLUglR 2 days ago
- 🕒 De-clutter in < 30 Mins + Mortgage Default Explained + Assessed Value vs. Market Value: The Difference & MORE! bit.ly/2toFQ6P 2 days ago
- Organizing Paperwork for Your Home Sale | ow.ly/cTRP30bMhrx #mondaymotivation #realestate #sellmyhome #sold… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Real Estate Market Trends
Even some veteran renters are looking at today’s housing market and wondering whether it’s time to start an Eastern Monmouth County home search. With prices and mortgage rates as low as they are while rents continue to move higher, the numbers point to home ownership as an ever more obvious choice.
But that’s just the quick, back-of the envelope budget equation: monthly rent vs. mortgage payment less tax savings. If this Summer finds you at the start of your own Jersey Shore home search, many financial advisors recommend that you also consider another rule of thumb – you should plan to stay in your new home for at least five years.
Every homeowner can have all sorts of reasons for selling their house. Those in the boomer generation can be in one of the traditional phases of retirement (planning, transitioning, initiating) or perhaps in one of the newly-popular phases (postponing, rejecting).
For them and everyone else, the decision about whether to sell the house falls into one of two categories: those triggered by economic pressures — or all the other reasons. In all cases, being in control of the timing of your house sale will put you in control of the process. That pays off. Continue reading
Last week’s report indicated that the 5.9% increase was more than three times greater than economists expected. According to the National Association of Realtors in Washington, the index of pending home resales climbed 5.9% to 101.1. This matches the two-year high reached in March. Continue reading
According to the National Association of Realtors®, first quarter statistics again point to better home sales figures. This time it was the prices of single family homes that rose in half of the major cities in the United States. Because of the wide differences between regional and state conditions, these figures are never in 100% lockstep, but Eastern Monmouth homeowners should be encouraged by the report’s breadth: prices rose in more than twice as many cities as fell. Continue reading
Figuring out your home’s value when the market is in flux is truly a job for experts. We have seen the national real estate market begin to rebound, and expect shore area home values to soon start to reflect movement as well. Most local homeowners are in the habit of keeping an eye on area home values. But especially for anyone considering buying or selling this spring or summer, estimating their home’s value is one of the first items on the agenda. Continue reading
Seven Things that Will Stop Your House from Selling Continue reading