Winter is finally upon us, and it seems like it is dark out before most of us are even home from work. During the winter months our homes can seem darker than usual, but there are ways to use natural light to brighten things up. Money Magazine recently published a list of “Do’s” and “Don’ts” for adding light to any home – among the topics covered are:
- Skylights (pick ones that open and choose carefully where to put them)
- Big windows (install them to showcase your best views, but don’t forget to add small windows above or below them that open)
- Window height (put windows high on the wall, but not tight to the ceiling)
- Window grouping (group several windows together, but don’t separate them with fat supports)
- Window shades (install shades in windows that face east, west, and south; avoid using UV-inhibiting coating)
Adding natural light is a great way to increase the value of your home. To receive a complimentary comparative home value analysis, click here. For more information about Bradley Beach NJ real estate, please visit PatrickParkerHomes.com or call me at 732-775-2774.